Protecting Your Interest In Family Law Matters

Creating A Positive Environment While Resolving Family Law Issues

Even under the best circumstances, family law can be stressful. You may feel unsure or overwhelmed. Divorce, making child custody arrangements and even adoption proceedings can be prolonged and emotionally draining. At Meredith W. Ditchen-Oakley, P.C., I understand how your family’s future is affected by the law. I want to help you resolve your legal issues peacefully and in a way that allows you to maintain your sense of control.

Are you filing for an uncontested divorce? Are you concerned about creating a healthy co-parenting relationship with your ex? Let me help. I am attorney Meredith W. Ditchen-Oakley. I find positive, holistic solutions for Georgia families in legal crisis. Reach me at 770-517-0008.

Experienced With The Law. Patient With Your Family.

I provide a full range of family law assistance so that you can access reliable services from someone who understands your family. I regularly help families and individuals with legal issues such as:

  • Reestablishing your future by filing for divorce or legal separation
  • Creating a stable and loving environment for your children through custody and visitation plans
  • Managing alimony payments and dividing your shared property
  • Ensuring financial stability for your children’s needs through appropriate support
  • Helping care for the elderly and vulnerable members of your family through guardianship arrangements
  • Establishing parental responsibilities through proof of paternity and finalized adoption procedures

See my page on Frequently Asked Questions about divorce and family law.

Family law issues are intimate. You should be working with an attorney you can trust to fully understand your needs and prioritize them throughout the legal process. My negotiation and mediation skills put me in a unique position to help you.

Using A Guardianship To Help Care For A Loved One

When children do not have a parent to care for them or a loved one becomes mentally or physically unable to care for themselves, a guardianship might be appropriate. In a guardianship, a guardian is appointed by the court to take over responsibility for the health and well-being of another person, known as the ward. The guardian makes health care decisions on behalf of the ward and is often involved in day-to-day care.

To set up a guardianship, you must petition the Georgia probate court. I work with people to help ensure that the petition process is carried out correctly and counsel clients on the responsibilities involved in being a guardian. If you have questions about setting up a guardianship, I encourage you to contact my office to schedule a consultation.

Contacting My Office Is Simple

You can schedule a time to come talk to me about your family and your future easily. Just call my office at 770-517-0008 or complete my online contact form. I am ready to help you build a brighter tomorrow.